The Green Jacket: Marmot Ama Dablam

Bombproof Warmth:
Marmot Women's Ama Dablam Jacket
A couple year's ago, we walked into Base Camp Outfitters at the bottom of the Killington Access Road on Route 4 and I saw her.



She was the most beautiful jacket that I had ever seen.  A down puffy jacket in the color of next season: the Marmot Women's Ama Dablam Jacket.  It was like this jacket had been sitting there, waiting for me.  When I put the jacket on, I couldn't help but rub my hands all over the shiny DWR Ripstop material.  It just felt like I had wrapped myself in a functional down blanket.  The fill wasn't too heavy and the length was just short enough to fit with my climbing harness.  I knew this jacket was going to be an everyday event:  The Ama Dablam would fit underneath my hardshell for alpine skiing, over my base layer for early and late season rock climbing...and the jacket weighed just over a pound! 


And I was right.  This jacket has become my signature around Killington - I know that the cold weather has arrived because this jacket comes out of the closet and becomes my everday piece.  I just don't know what I am going to do when it is time to retire this truly miraculous piece of gear.  I have even found Vespi snuggled up with my Ama Dablam when we've gone rock climbing and I've just throw it on the ground.  My green jacket has summited Mt. Washington, Paddled the Adirondacks, graced the cover of the Pico Mountain Trail Map, Ice Climbed in Vermont and Rock Climbed in Rumney, NH.

Most recently, this jacket has found its way into the first ever edition of the 4241' Magazine, published by Killington Resort in VT and has been seen in several advertisements for Green Mountain College of Resort & Hospitality Management.   Although the jacket now stands in retirement, she has definitely changed my life and the way I look at skiing.  I hope that every female skier can find that one piece of gear that makes everyday seem like a bluebird powder day!

Thank you, Marmot, for making such a wonderful piece of gear!!

Comments

  1. Great article! Thank you for sharing this. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dig that photo! Bring on the cold. Please.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts