Sing-a-Song of Winter

Where it's snowing
All winter through,
That's where I want to be.

Snowball Throwing,
That's what I'll do...
How I'm longing to ski!
Through the snow-ow-ow-ow...


"Snow" by Irving Berlin


I had the utmost pleasure today to hike up to the snow today. One of my most cherished reasons for living in the mountains - even if there is no snow down here, I can simply walk up to where there IS snow :) But it's the idea of walking across some weather line, as the percipitation goes from wet to moist to hard then light then...it floats down and feels just perfect as it covers the crunch of the leaves.
Vespi loves it too - she was very adamant about not going for a hike, but the look on her face when she saw the weather changing - she was a puppy again! And I? I was a kid again, laughing & running, throwing snowballs and singing at the top of my lungs!

Oh the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
Since we've no place to go
Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!

"Let it Snow!" by Sammy Cahn and Jule Styne


I love this song, not only is it sooo much fun to sing while walking through a snowstorm, but because it's about the accumulation! There isn't enough snow yet, so they might as well cuddle up in front of the fire and wait until the powder is ready in the morning! Awesome! Simply awesome!

Comments

Popular Posts