My First Regatta Practice!!

Even though I went skiing Just this past Monday, the summertime depression is starting to sink in. You've heard of the seasonal depression? Well, mine comes in the winter. Even my boyfriend pointed it out to me yesterday. I seem to only be happy in the winter. Yeah, yeah...there is lots to do in the summer and I love those sports. They just aren't skiing. They do not have anything to do with snow.


Today though, the air had that crisp, fall feeling...like maybe snow was coming soon. There was actually a reason to wear shirts with arms - and then a hoodie at night! The bitter breeze had moments where it nipped at your bones. But then again, it could have just been a chill from my post-paddle sweat. Damn it, I just thought about that :(

Well, summer for me means paddling and getting ready for regatta. I even got up early so I could get some flat water on Kent Pond - it was beautiful :) I did succeed at getting some pretty strange looks from the out-of-staters I passed on the lake. I thought about doing a power 10 just to mess with them, but...hike your own hike, right?

Well, only a few more months before the water starts freezing over :)

See you on the Mountain,
FemaleSkiBum :)

Location:Kent Pond, Killington, VT

Comments