A Stroll through the Grass

After hiking up Skye Peak earlier this week, I made a commitment to myself to not hike anymore until the pain was gone. It is very difficult to hike 4 miles on a bum leg and then go wait tables at night. The pain was pretty unbearable that Yuesday night.


However, I am more than a little frustrated being tied down because of my own stupidity (ie hamstring injury). Try going from 2-4 hours of exercise a day to barely being able to move - although it does make for some good laughs at the bar, it does NOT mean fun for me :(


So today I took my camera out for Vespi's morning constitutional. As in, I followed her around basically going nowhere. Where she sniffed, I took photos. When she decided to roll in the grass, I took photos.


Basically, I was desperately trying to convince myself that I don't need the mountain to find my zen. Perhaps my backyard would be good enough.


Usually it takes me 30 minutes to get lost in the rhythm of whatever activity I am doing, so today I never quite lost myself. But Vespi did get a lot of scratching time in :)


I was amazed, however, at all the different shades of green that were present in just the small area around my home. I could see small examples of the seasons changing, as greens are turning yellow and brown...


...


By focusing on the small stuff, I was able to snap this photo of the same flower in two very different stages of development. Granted, I was a little more excited than I probably should be, but hey, by paying attention I will learn something, right?


And I did! I saw my first Wooly Bear of the season...and he had NO stripes! This is awesome because the old wives' tale takes this to mean a Winter with no Thaw!! Which means whatever snow we get won't melt for a long, long time!! May should be awesome for 2012!!



May You Find the Spirit of the Mountains Within You,
FemaleSkiBum :)

Location:Highridge Condominiums, Killington, VT

Comments

Popular Posts