Autumn Afternoons are for Climbing

Taking advantage of the perfect fall weather means date afternoon at the local crag with the BF.




In our case, we drive five minutes down to the road to Deer Leap, located just behind, above and partially inside McGrath's Irish Pub.


Climbing at Deer Leap is kind of like our date night. Except that we never have to talk to each other. One belays while the other one climbs :)


The best part of climbing? It's rope work for winter. You know, for when the axes come out :)


Plus, I would have to say that I am pretty crappy about climbing on rock. I can't ever to seem to find places where my spider-woman stickiness kicks in. Or where I am comfortable hanging out to my middle finger for dear life.


But I do enjoy watching the leaves float down to the ground while I am belaying. I mean, I am laying attention, but the leaves are just so pretty...


And now? I get to hang out on my back deck with my pumpkin and soak up the last vestiges of afternoon sun while the leaves fall all around me. What a perfect way to spend my Sunday afternoon.

May You Find the Spirit of the Mountains Within You,
FemaleSkiBum :)

Location:Deer Leap, Killington, VT

Comments