Thwarted

We were dressed. We were ready.
We were thwarted.
We pulled into the lot at 6:30am in hopes of making a quick skin up the mountain before work on Friday morning. Unfortunately for us, Killington's Grooming Department had the same idea. They were everywhere. Reworking the Superstar Liftline, fixing Highline, putting the finishing touches on Snowshed, Snowdon and Ramshead.
While I love my ski mornings, I have no intention of bothering men at work - or putting my and Vespi's lives in danger for a few turns. The BF groomed for a few years, and after riding in the cab with him a couple times (I would knit whiile he drove), I know how sketchy the visibility is and how much then can slide on steep terrain. I don't want to be anywhere near a groomer while they're working.
So Vespi and I sat in the Upper Snowshed Parking Lot for a while, watched the groomers reconstruct what is passing for snow this season into something magical for the lift service addicts to ski upon...

...and then went home and did Pilates.
May You Find the Spirit of the Mountains Within You,
FemaleSkiBum & Vespoli

Comments

Popular Posts